It is an ‘outstanding’ Further Education College, based in Nelson. In 2018, they celebrated a 99% pass rate for A Levels and a 99.6% pass rate for advanced vocational studies. They are home to 1,800 full time students, 14,000 part-time adults and 1,300 Apprentices, and offer a range of courses to suit all needs.
As an Administration Assistant you will take full responsibility of:
- Process the full range of enrolment forms, having regard to the different data requirements for each funding stream; identify and resolve omissions and discrepancies directly with the enrolling department.
- Carry out register duties as part of the team, including resolution of task lists and work on curriculum area registers, as required. Liaise with curriculum staff to resolve register queries in a timely manner.
- Handle requests for room bookings and changes as part of the team.
- Update registers using information received via the student absence line.
- Answer telephone calls from members of the public wishing to enrol over the phone; process their enrolments and payments on line following the agreed process.
- In the event of class closures, process transfers and refunds for enrolled students.
- Review data quality reports regularly for each curriculum area to identify and correct any data quality issues arising.
- Support the examinations team at busy times, including assistance with the conduct of public examinations, invigilation and secure handling of scripts.
- Carry out regular checks on enrolment and register information to ensure audit compliance.
- Assist in the maintenance of the student record filing system by means of regular filing, particularly at the start and end of the year, including the archiving of historic records.
- Prioritise own workload so that information is processed in a timely manner, and time sensitive tasks are carried out in line with deadlines.
- Carry out any other duties relating to the MIS function within College, assisting colleagues within the wider team at peak times, particularly at exam times.
We are keen on talking to or receiving CV’s of people who have most of the following:
- Flexible approach to working times in line with the College.
- Suitability to work with children young people and/or vulnerable adults.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the process of continuous review and improvement.
- Demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity, customer service and quality assurance.
- Display initiative, be positive and enthusiastic.
WORK HOURS: Monday to Thursday 8.40am-5pm and Friday 8.40am- 4.30pm
The Client is located in Nelson which is easily accessible from Burnley, Colne, Barrowford, Barnoldswick by car or public transport.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply below or contact Georgia on 01282 412212 or Georgia@m65jobsearch.co.uk