Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Plan, create, process and transmit orders for material, services and consumable goods with suppliers whilst monitoring cost, quality and delivery performance.
- Conduct all day to day purchasing activities including processing requisitions, purchase orders, expediting deliveries, arranging hires of plant and equipment, chasing open POs etc, and ensure they are performed in a timely manner.
- Process invoice queries related to purchase order processing.
- Support cross functional departments to ensure needs and targets are met, and improve on service levels and efficiencies.
- Continually drive down costs and negotiate added value.
- Develop KPI’s to demonstrate budget savings and provide regular updates.
- Coordinate with other buyers.
- Controlling the flow of all purchasing paperwork and correspondence.
- Ensure expeditious flow of information to / from accounts department.
- Experience within a purchasing and supply environment with demonstrable achievements.
- Knowledge of ERP systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to negotiate with internal/external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have a customer focused approach.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft package, and experience using an ERP system.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
Must be experienced and available as soon as possible. The salary would be £20k and it would be for a 6-9 month period. We have a 40 hour working week and the hours are 8am - 5:15 Monday to Thursday and 8am - 1pm Friday.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Katie Shaw at M65Jobsearch on 01282 412212 or email email@example.com