An exciting opportunity for production manager to work in newly built office facilities for international company which is expanding year on year basis. They invest in plant, machinery and support for training and development. This company is offering a generous salary, free parking, and early finish on Fridays.
As a buyer (Procurement) you will take full responsibility of:
Definition of Procurement:
- Sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials and services to meet the Company’s operational requirements.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- Purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
We are keen on talking to or receiving CV’s of people who have one of the following:
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, ONC, A Levels, City & Guilds Level 3, BTec National Diploma Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or similar qualification or studying towards CIPS qualification would be beneficial
- Previous experience of working in a purchasing team preferably within an automotive or manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown
- Experience of working closely with suppliers
- Able to add value, reduce costs and input to business improvements
- An understanding of automotive processes and components would be advantageous
- Computer literate, with advanced Excel skills/abilities
WORK HOURS: Full time: Day Shift Mon- Thursday 7.45- 5 Friday 7.45-1
The Client is located in Burnley, which is easily accessible from Nelson, Colne, Rawtenstall, Bacup, Water, and Haslingden by car or public transport.
If you are interested in the buyer (Procurement), please apply below or contact Rachel on 01254 697596 or firstname.lastname@example.org