Electrical Design Engineer
Projected basic earnings £33.3K.
With overtime, up to £45K per annum
The General Role:
- Interpretation of customer specification and requirements leading to production of detailed functional design specifications.
- Undertake all aspects of design for machines and systems including conceptual design, detailed design and production of detailed drawings.
- Production of electrical Schematic Diagrams & General Arrangements using AutoCAD.
- Production of all aspects of design documentation to facilitate material procurement, electrical assembly and machine wiring.
- Calculation and specification of drive and motor sizes.
- Design and implementation of machine user interface systems, to include Ethernet IP, Profinet/Profisafe, EtherCAT, Profibus, Devicenet & DSI Communications protocols.
- Design in accordance with current Machinery Directives & Safety standards, including Risk Assessments.
- Production of necessary current legislative documentation.
- Generation of 'Design, Operation and Maintenance' documentation.
- Control & liaise with both customers and suppliers.
- Specifying & purchasing of required parts from approved suppliers.
- Provide support to production department / team.
- Provide customer support and training as required.
- Plan, organise and manage work in conjunction with the Managers and production team to required timescales.
- Standard Hours of work 08:00 – 16:30 5 days per week.
- Holidays 20 days flexible (Increasing to 25 with service), plus statutory & bank holidays.
- Rate of pay hourly, with over-time rates paid at time + ½ & double time.
- Projected basic earnings £33.3K. With overtime, up to £45K per annum.
- Healthcare package.
- NOW Pensions ‘Auto-enrolment occupational pension scheme’ contribution.
- This list is not exhaustive and may include any other duties as required.
- Experienced in specification and design of machine control systems.
- Experienced in design & specification of PLC and Drive control systems (Allen Bradley/Siemens/Omron).
- Preferably an experienced user of AutoCAD (AutoCAD Electrical experience preferable but not essential).
- Preferably a 'Time Served' Electrical Engineer with a sound understanding of mechanical systems.
- Must be HNC/HND or Degree qualified in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Preferably has a grounded knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Be motivated & work well both as part of a team or individually on projects.
- Be prepared to travel both in the UK & Worldwide.
- Must be well presented and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must hold UK driving license.
If you interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV or contact Katie at M65 Jobsearch.