M65Jobsearch are looking for an Estimator for our client in Nelson.
Our client is a successful manufacturing company who produce high quality bespoke lighting. This is achieved by a team of highly skilled artisan craftsmen and women who use their expertise to create jaw-dropping lighting for bars, restaurants and hotels throughout the country.
This wouldn’t be possible without our greatly experienced office staff who prioritise customer service by liaising with our clients every step of the way and produce documentation to ensure manufacturing specifications are adhered to and all targets and deadlines are made top priority.
The Estimating role is a vital member of our clients team, responsible for delivering in all areas and aspects of producing quotations which vary in size and complexity. The Estimator is responsible for identifying labour, material, and time requirements by studying proposals and specifications from the client. This also involves working within client’s budgets and timescales and offering not only our client's products but also alternative products.
SKILLS & ATTITUDES
- Proactive and professional approach to all tasks
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to multitask as there will be multiple enquiries to be managed at any one time.
- Have good order management and team work skills
- Work well under deadlines and have time management skills.
- Must be willing to work within a high pressure environment
- Overtime will be expected during busy periods and to ensure deadlines and targets are met and customer service standards are adhered to.
- Must be computer literate (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Accept responsibility and accountability for enquiries assigned to them or sent directly to them from customers.
- Must ensure everything possible is done to turn an enquiry/quotation into an order at every opportunity.
- Quoting in manufacturing industry
- Potentially QS Experience
- CAD Experience/skills
- Must display a “can do“ attitude
- To ensure communication and customer service levels are kept to a very high standard with the customer at all times.
- To ask all relevant questions at the earliest opportunity to the client to ensure a quotation can be started and returned as quickly as possible to meet deadlines, not only for the client but for deadlines determined by managers in which an enquiry should be returned.
- To extract relevant information from specifications and site drawings provided by customers ensuring all items are priced for – or in the occurrence we cannot price for something this must be communicated with the customer.
- To produce manuals/presentations for clients in the event alternative products to their specifications have been offered
- Whilst gathering quotations for parts/materials/products from external suppliers that the most competitive price is achieved at all times. All of this information must be documented and kept within the enquiry file.
- Produce official quotations once all information has been gathered
- To provide clear, accurate and up to date information, schedules and quotations regarding each item going through production once an order is placed. It is essential to the role to communicate information to relevant team members when handing an order over to the Project Manager to be processed.
- To be involved in design meetings once an enquiry has been ordered for your input into how it has been priced and detail regarding concepts of manufacture.
- To chase clients for completed quotations to ensure we are up to date with all outstanding enquiries and whether they have been won, lost, on hold etc.
- Use scheduling and control tools to monitor enquiry levels and to ensure all of the above is met within the deadlines therefore increasing chances of turning enquiries into orders as memory will not relied on.
- Attend client and site meetings when necessary with or without the Project Manager.
- Willing to take on the task of another member of staff within your team where possible in the event of absence to ensure enquiry deadlines are still achieved.
- To send weekly reports to the dashboard detailing outstanding enquiries being chased.
- Keep enquiry logs up to date so that Management can monitor workload and percentage of enquiries returned against enquiries won.
- Keep order logs up to date so that sales figures can be monitored by Management
If you are interested in applying for this role, please e-mail Katie on email@example.com