M65 are looking for a Invigilator (Casual) for our client, travelling around Lancashire.
Role Specific: To support the Senior Invigilator/ Examinations Team with the day-to-day operation of examination venues. This may include (but is not limited to):
1. Assisting with setting up examination venues by laying out stationery, equipment and examination papers in accordance with the outlined procedures
2. Assisting candidates prior to the start of examinations by directing them to their seats and advising them about possessions permitted in examination venues
3. Ensuring that candidates do not talk once inside the examination venue
4. Checking identification and attendance during examinations
5. Invigilating during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with strict procedures
6. Escorting candidates from the examination venue during the examinations as required, and supervising candidates whilst outside the examination venue
7. Noting the timing details (exit time and return time) of students whom you have escorted out of the room for toilet breaks/illness together with the student name on the appropriate form
8. Collecting and collating scripts at the end of the examination in accordance with strict procedures
9. Assisting students leaving examination venues, ensuring that they do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue without authorisation and ensuring that candidates leave venues in an orderly and quiet manner
10. Secure collection of examination papers from the College’s Exams team and subsequent secure return of completed papers to the Exams team.
1. Share the College’s Vision, Mission, Values, Behaviours and communicate them effectively
2. Participate in Staff Review and Professional Development activities and be actively involved in the College’s culture of high expectation
3. Value diversity and promote equality
4. Engage in marketing activities and liaison with employers and the wider community in line with College strategies
5. Contribute to cross-college events
6. Adhere to College policies and procedures including health and safety
7. Ensure good communication at all levels
8. Be responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and/or vulnerable adults
9. Any other duties that the Principal considers appropriate
A good level of English
Effective oral/ written communication skills
An understanding of examination processes as well as the ability to be patient
Accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to relate to students and teaching staff, Display initiative, be positive and enthusiastic
Demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity, customer service and quality assurance
Demonstrate a commitment to the process of continuous review and improvement
Suitability to work with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults
Flexible approach to working times in line with the College
Driving licence and access to own transportation
Experience of working or studying in an education environment.
If you are interested in applying for this role please contact Georgia on 01282 412212 or e-mail Georgia@m65jobsearch.co.uk.