Mill Room Operator – Blackburn – Days – NLW
Are you looking for a job, with a company that has good benefits, once you’ve finished the temp to perm program.
Based just out of the centre, with good prospects and 5% pension contribution.
This will be a 4 day operation, with o/t at T1/3 available on a Friday, shifts are also available, they offer free parking and a basic canteen.
Working in the Mill Room, you will be initially mixing product, you will require good attention to detail, be accurate, good with numbers and able to follow processes. Use to working in a team and able to take instruction,
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Check, understand and follow work instructions to customer requirements: preforming, input materials, size, weight, processing temperatures and other relevant specifications.
- Review work orders to ensure that jobs can be complete on schedule and communicate any concerns or delays to the Materials Controller or Senior Setter.
- Conduct recalibration of weighing scales to ensure accurate measurements of input and waste materials can be completed.
- Carry out maintenance and housekeeping duties to ensure efficient and effective manufacturing processes and a safe working environment.
- Ensure effective communication with the Materials Controller to raise concerns and recommendations in support of a continuous improvement culture.
- Work to Health and Safety guidelines so that processes are completed safely.
- Support the Team Leader and Setter/s in following the company’s Health & Safety Policy and promoting a culture of safe systems of working within the department.
- Conduct Mill Room operating processes to work instructions and company standards to ensure the required quality is achieved and update production records.
- Transport waste materials for recycling and disposal to company and legal guidelines.
- Make amendments to incorrect or returned goods to ensure the customer needs are met.
- Complete required training on Mill Room operations and use this information daily.
Should you be interested in this job, please apply with an up to date cv. ASAP.